Hostel @ SITM
SAKSHI BOYS & GIRLS HOSTEL
The Institute has magnificently designed separate hostels for boys and girls each with all modern facilities for boarding and other recreational activities. The hostel buildings are remarkable pieces of architecture. Because of the carefully designed structure the temperature inside the buildings remain comfortable even in extremely hot conditions. Twenty-four hours security assured. Hostel committee, a student body, manages the hostel. The Hostel committee in consultation with students takes care of different aspects like hygiene, discipline etc. The hostel is also having 24×7 Internet connectivity through 4 Mbps Broadband.
The boys hostel has the capacity of about 120 boys and girls hostel can house 80 girls. Both hostels have separate Common Rooms and facilities for other indoor games. The hostel is well connected by public transport system. The life in hostels enables students to spend ample time to acquire necessary skills that can be obtained only through experience.
Following facilities are provided in the Hostel
- Separate hostel facility for boys and girls within the campus.
- Adequate ventilation and lighting facility.
- Arrangement for 24 hrs uninterrupted power supply.
- 24X7 internet connectivity.
- Facilities for indoor and outdoor games.
- Two wheelers may be allowed for hostel residents after approval.
- 24 hours security.
- News and TV Room
- STD / ISD Telephone Facilities are available
- Exclusive uninterrupted study room for students after college hour.
- Banking Facility with ATM counter.
- Medical facility available with medicines to sick students
- Admission in hostel is on annual basis, open to all admitted students.
- All rights of admission to the hostel are reserved with the Management.
- Owing to limited number of rooms admission will be on first come basis
HOSTEL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- BEHAVIOR AND DISCIPLINE
- Hostelites are expected to display acceptable form of behavior, maintain discipline and decorum in the hostel complex.
- Smoking is not allowed in the hostel complex at anytime.
- Possession, distribution and consumption of alcoholic beverages, prohibited drugs, chewable tobacco in the hostel complex is not allowed.
- Hostelites must return to the hostel by 8 pm everyday and are not allowed to leave the hostel before 6 am.
- The hostelites will be allowed to stay out of the hostel on submission of proper application duly authorized by parent and only if the permission granted in writing by the accommodation officer.
- Television, Radio etc provided in the common room must be switched off or volume toned down after 9:00 pm
These rules are intended to ensure a conducive environment for all hostelites.
B.UPKEEP OF THE HOSTEL
- Hostelites are responsible for keeping their rooms and the common areas in the hostel such as visitor’s area, bathrooms, stair case, and common room etc clean and tidy at all times.
- All fans, lights and electrical appliances must be switched off when not in use.
- Cooking, making tea etc is not allowed in the hostel.
- Any damage to the hostel property must be reported immediately to the accommodation officer.
- The hostel management reserves the right to make spot checks on the hostel and rooms without having to give prior notice to the students.
- Visitors including parents are allowed only into the visitor’s area of the hostel during the visiting hours as follows. Weekdays: (Monday-Friday) –5:00 pm to 8:00 pm & 7:30 am to 8:30 am Weekend (Saturday, Sunday) and holidays- 7:30 am to 8:00 pm
- All visitors must register at the guard house and provide all details and documents as requested by Security before entering the hostel complex.
- All visitors must leave the hostel complex by 8:00 pm.
- Non-Hostel students are prohibited in the hostel without the permission of Residential Warden. The student who violates this is answerable to the Warden.
- Hostelites are required to pay their rental in advance. The rental is paid on a semester basis and must be paid at least 15 days before the beginning of each semester.
- The hostel management reserves the right to increase the rental by giving one month’s
- Hostelite are required to carry their hostel card at all times in the compound of the hostel complex and produce it on demand by the hostel authorities.
- Hostelites are advised to lock all doors at all times for security reason.
- The hostel management is not responsible for any loss of private property. Hostelites are strongly advised to lock all your valuable e.g. mobile phones, laptop, watches , money etc at all times.
- Hostelites are not permitted to change rooms or sleep anywhere other than in their own room.
- Possessions, distribution and use of fire-arms, lethal weapons including air gun, contraband drugs, alcohol, toxic and hazardous material are strictly prohibited in the hostel.
F.LATE NIGHT PASSES
- Hostelites should return to the hostel by the stipulated time. Occasionally, if the hostelite expects to be late (not beyond 10:00 pm), he/she should obtain a late night pass from the accommodation officer in advance and this pass must be produced to the security guard on returning to the hostel.
- In case of any emergency, please contact the security guards at the guard house or call hostel/college authorities.
H.COMPLAINTS AND SUGGESTIONS
- Any complaints, suggestions or inquiries are always welcome.
ADDRESS :-SITM Campus, AB Road, Myana, Dist- GUNA (M.P.)